As a globally active manufacturer of special cables, we are aware of our corporate responsibility towards the environment and society. The principles of responsible corporate management, energy and environmental protection, and support for our employees are therefore an integral part of the HEW-KABEL group's corporate policy.
- A permanent customer satisfaction is our philosophy.
- Through high-quality products and services, transparency in compliance with our corporate governance, and strict compliance with agreements, we earn the appreciation of our business partners.
- In order to ensure our future on the long run, we provide for qualified juniors at an early stage to secure and expand our specialized know-how.
- We want to support our customers in using environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cables that simultaneously offer both reduced CO2 emissions and greater safet
- The safety of our employees in particular is a priority for us. We continuously improve this in the workplace, regularly raise awareness of EHS issues and thereby reduce the accident rate.
- We promote individual potential and prepare our employees specifically for (new) tasks. In doing so, we continuously develop their professional and personal skills.
- "Work-life balance" is also close to our hearts: In addition to professional and personal advancement, we support our employees in balancing their profession and family life.
- Our social benefits go far beyond the "normal". People of different skin color, nationality, religious affiliation and gender treat each other with respect and fairness at all times.
- This is because each of our employees contributes to the success of the company in a way that shows solidarity. For us, social sustainability means creating a balance between give and take. For this reason, we specifically support projects in the region - all in the interests of reliable social responsibility.
- Our goal: to achieve as much as possible with a minimal use of resources. In close cooperation with our customers and suppliers, we therefore develop individual solutions to improve product features and efficiency.
- We want to reduce our consumption of energy and raw materials and avoid waste, noise emissions and pollution whenever possible.
- Waste and scrap are separated by type, recycled as far as possible and excess packaging materials are taken away by a specialized disposal company for recycling or demonstrably disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- We support our customers through the co-development of environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cables and lines, which at the same time offer reduced CO2 emissions and greater safety.
In 2006, the EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) department was implemented, creating a further instrument for managing the environmental and occupational safety areas in accordance with the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. The further development, in close cooperation with the existing quality management system, to an IMS (integrated management system) is the next goal.
We recognize our responsibility to our environment and the surroundings in which we live. We work safely so that the health and well-being of individuals is promoted, maintained and the environment is protected. We want to help to change and improve!
As an international group of companies, we see ourselves as having a special responsibility towards long-term challenges such as limited resources, climate change and demographic changes. We act safely, preventively and responsibly and communicate openly in all directions. Compliance with legal requirements is a matter of course for us. We secure the future of our company through sustainability. In doing so, we harmonize economic, ecological and social requirements and face up to our responsibilities. The safety of our employees and active, forward-looking health and environmental management are top priorities. Our commitment in these areas also strengthens the competitiveness of our customers and creates an excellent basis for future success.
We define binding policies and principles for the management system. These guidelines are intended to support all organizational units in complying with legal and other relevant requirements, in implementing company regulations, and in achieving EHS goals.
The structure of the guidelines is based on the following internationally approved standards for management systems:
- ISO 14001 - Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 50001 – Ennergy management
Economic activity and innovative design are often associated with interventions in nature. As part of the global, ecological system as a whole, we see our daily actions as a contribution to maintaining the ecological balance and preserving the diversity of species in this system. As a commercial company, we acknowledge our special responsibility and want to fulfill our contribution to the preservation of natural living conditions.
For this reason, HEW-KABEL has introduced an efficient environmental management system according to the international standard DIN ISO 14001. This system brings about continuous improvements in environmental performance and protection. We monitor compliance with effectiveness through regular audits.
We aim for effective and at the same time processing-safe, environmentally compatible solutions for our products. Therefore, environmental aspects, occupational safety and product safety are integral parts of our product development process and an important topic for our research & development. We make use of all the technologies available today and do our own fundamental research in order to realize innovations that meet our high standards. Criteria include low emissions, low energy consumption and the avoidance of environmentally harmful substances. For new products and production processes, we take environmental protection requirements into account at all stages, from development to testing. As early as the planning stage of production processes and in the installation and operation of our technical facilities, we attempt to use only the best available technology. Furthermore, we utilize all possibilities to save energy and raw materials, to avoid, reduce or recycle pollutants and noise emissions as well as waste. In addition, we recycle materials in a suitable manner and properly dispose of waste that can no longer be reused. On our own responsibility, we supervise and control plants and processes as well as air, water, soil, waste and noise.
Our goal is to protect our employees from health risks and to protect the sites and their surroundings from damage. Within our value creation processes, we not only meet the legal requirements, but already exceed them in many areas. In addition, we have voluntarily committed ourselves to complying with further-reaching standards of sustainable corporate governance.
Every employee in our company is called to actively contribute to environmental protection. We encourage our employees to act in an environmentally conscious way by providing information and training. All workplaces are designed to protect the health and safety of employees in a preventive manner. Our employees are continuously reminded of their personal responsibility in carrying out their activities in a safe manner. We create incentives for innovation and improvement through an attractive and motivating "company suggestion scheme".
We constantly maintain an open dialog with politicians, authorities, the public and social groups - we develop and maintain partnerships.
HEW-KABEL wants to make a further contribution to resource conservation and climate protection through the energy management system. The management system applies to all employees. This extends from the delivery of raw materials to the finished product ready for delivery.
We are committed to continuously improve our energy efficiency. To do so, we provide all necessary resources ( employees, time, finances) as well as all relevant information. Regular assessments of our energy-intensive machinery and equipment and processes are carried out to identify any potential savings. In addition, we check the use of new, energy-saving technologies.
All decisions taken to improve the company's energy efficiency are documented. Implementation is continuously tracked and checked for sustainability.
We also undertake to take energy efficiency into account as a factor in deciding whether to purchase new machinery and equipment or optimize existing ones.
Furthermore, we undertake to comply with all laws relevant to our energy-related performance. In addition, we comply with agreements we have made with other parties, e.g. authorities, customers and suppliers, regarding energy consumption.
Employees, suppliers and customers are informed as far as possible about our activities regarding energy efficiency and - as far as achievable - involved. Our energy policy is communicated internally and externally.
Each employee bears responsibility for acting in an energy-conscious manner. We encourage everyone to initiate and support energy efficiency innovations at all times.