As a globally active manufacturer of special cables, we are aware of our corporate responsibility towards the environment and society. The principles of responsible corporate management, energy and environmental protection, and support for our employees are therefore an integral part of the HEW-KABEL group's corporate policy.
- A lasting customer satisfaction is our philosophy.
- The high quality of our products and services, transparency in line with our corporate governance principles and strict adherence to agreements earn us the appreciation of our business partners.
- To secure our future in the long term, we provide for qualified junior staff at an early stage to secure and expand our special know-how.
- We want to support our customers in using environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cables that also offer reduced CO2 emissions and greater safety.
- The safety of our employees in particular, of course, is of the utmost importance to us. We continuously improve this in the workplace, regularly raise awareness of EHS issues and in this way reduce the accident rate in the process.
- We promote individual potential and prepare our employees specifically for (new) tasks. In doing so, we continuously promote their professional and personal skills.
- "Work-life balance" is also particularly close to our hearts: In addition to professional and personal development, we support our employees in balancing their professional and personal lives.
- Our social benefits go far beyond the "norm". People of any race, nationality, religion, and gender always treat each other with respect and fairness.
- This is because each of our employees contributes to the company's success based on solidarity. For us, social sustainability means creating a balance between give and take. For this reason, we specifically support projects in the region - all in the spirit of reliable social responsibility.
- Our goal: to achieve as much as possible with a minimum use of resources. In close cooperation with our customers and suppliers, we therefore develop individual solutions to improve product properties and efficiency.
- We want to reduce our consumption of energy and raw materials and avoid waste, noise emissions and pollutants whenever possible.
- Waste and scrap are separated by type and recycled as far as possible, excess packaging materials are taken away by a specialist waste management company for recycling or demonstrably disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- We support our customers by jointly developing environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cables and lines that simultaneously offer reduced CO₂ emissions and greater safety.
In 2006, the EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) department was implemented, introducing a new tool for managing the environmental and occupational health and safety areas in accordance with the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. The next goal is to move towards an IMS (integrated management system), while keeping in close cooperation with the existing quality management system.
We recognize our responsibility to our environment and the communities in which we live. We work safely so that the health and well-being of individuals is promoted, maintained and the environment is protected. We strive to help transform this environment for the better!
As an internationally operational group of companies, we see ourselves as having a special responsibility towards long-term challenges, such as limited resources, climate change and demographic developments. We act safely, preventively, and responsibly and communicate openly in all directions. Compliance with legal requirements is a fundamental matter of policy for us. We secure the future of our company through sustainability. In doing so, we harmonize economic, ecological, and social requirements and accept responsibility. The safety of our employees and active, forward-looking health and environmental management are top priorities. Our commitment in these areas simultaneously strengthens the competitiveness of our customers and creates an excellent basis for future success.
We define binding guidelines and principles for the management system. These guidelines are intended to support all organizational units in complying with legal and other relevant requirements, in implementing company regulations, and in achieving EHS goals.
The structure of the guidelines is based on the following internationally recognized standards for management systems:
- ISO 14001 - Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001 - Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 50001 - Energy Management
Economic activity and innovative design are often associated with interventions in nature. As part of the global eco-system äs a whole, we understand how our daily actions help to maintain ecological balance and preserve biodiversity in this System. As a business enterprise, we acknowledge our special responsibility and want to fulfil our contribution to the preservation of natural living conditions.
For this reason, HEW-KABEL has introduced an efficient environmental management System in accordance with the DIN EN ISO 14001 Standard. The System brings about continuous improvements in environmental performance and protection. We monitor compliance with effectiveness through regulär audits.
Our highest priority is to ensure that our workplaces and products are geared towards preventive protection in terms of the health and safety of our employees and partners, and that our site and surroundings are protected from damage. Accordingly, it is important to us to design our products effectively and in a way that is safe and environmentally compatible. We strive to make use of all technologies available today and conduct our own basic research in order to realise innovations that meet our high Standards.
We exclusively target the best possible available technologies during the planning of production processes and during the set-up and Operation of our technical facilities. We take füll responsibility for monitoring and controlling plants/processes and their impact on air, water, soil, waste and noise, so that rapid action can be taken in the event of deviations.
We use every opportunity to save energy and raw materiats by avoiding or reducing pollutants and emissions of all kinds. In addition, we use recyclable materials in an appropriate manner and dispose of unusable materials together with our certified Partners.
We develop and maintain our relationship with our partners, customers, authorities and other interested parties. HEW-Kabel openly communicates how it perceives its ecological responsibility.
Every employee in our Company has a responsibility to make an active contribution to environmental protection. With this policy, we motivate our employees to assume their own responsibility in carrying out their activities in a safe manner, and encourage suggestions for innovations and improvements through the Company Suggestion scheme.
HEW-KABEL GmbH aims to make a further contribution to the conservation of resources and thus climate protection through its energy management System in accordance with the international Standard DIN EN ISO 50001 . The management System applies to all employees, from the delivery of raw materials to the finished product, both in production and administration. We also aim to increase awareness and motivate our suppliers and partners to contribute to energy efficiency.
We are committed to continuously improving our energy efficiency and the use of our energy sources. To this end, we provide all the necessary resources (personnel, time, finances) äs well äs all relevant information. Regulär assessments of our energy-intensive facilities and processes are carried out to identify any potential savings. Based on this, we are examining the use of new energy-saving and energy-efficient technologies.
All decisions taken to improve the energy efficiency of the Company are recorded. Implementation is continuously monitored, and reviewed and optimised for sustainability.
We are committed to taking energy efficiency into account äs a decision-making criterion when purchasing new plants and optimising existing ones.
We are committed to complying with all laws and agreements visa-vis the authorities and our customers that affect our energyrelated Services.
We make every effort to ensure that employees, authorities, customers and suppliers are informed about and involved in our energy efficiency activities.
Every employee is responsible for acting in an energy-conscious manner. We call on everyone to initiale energy efficiency innovations and to support them at all times.
Vereint in eine nachhaltige Zukunft. Umwelt- und Energieeffizienz leben!
Unite for a sustainable future. Embrace environmental and energy efficiency!